VOX.dmg Now Available For Direct Download
Since releasing VOX on the Mac App Store a little over a year ago we’ve received a massive amount of requests and suggestions from our user base. One of the most requested things has been for us to offer a .dmg version of VOX that could be downloaded directly from us, instead of the Mac App Store. Today we are happy to announce that it’s a reality! The VOX .dmg version is now available for direct download from our website.
If you’re wondering if you should update to our standalone app, we do have a few reasons to help you with your decision. For those of you not familiar with the review process of the Mac App Store, every time we fix a bug or add new features, we have to submit a new version of the app to be approved by Apple’s development team. Often, it will take several weeks to get the OK to release the update through the Mac App Store and that will delay us from getting new features and fixes out to our community as quickly as we’d like. The external version of VOX allows us get these updates in your hands right away. Our goal is to make weekly updates to the .dmg version too.
If you already downloaded VOX from the Mac App Store and you wish to switch over to the .dmg version, don’t worry, you will not have to uninstall and reinstall to update. Simply download the new version of VOX from us and your app will automatically update. If you prefer to stick with the Mac App Store version, it’s cool, the updates will eventually make there way there as well (after Apple approval).
If you are ready to update, click here and choose “Direct Download” for the new version that includes:
OS X Yosemite Compatibility:
- For those running the OS X Yosemite beta, we recommend downloading the VOX 2.2.10 .dmg version from us. The new update should resolve compatibility and crash issues.
- Re-optimized user interface for better usability from all sources
- Redesigned Radio Source
- Re-optimized preferences panel
- Added Audio Units – allows adding audio effects to musiс in real-time
- New formats supported: WMA (asf), RealAudio (rm)
- New equalizer presets
- FreshAudio Engine improvements
- Fixed bug when newly added files won’t play in playlist automatically
- Fixed bugs causing various VOX crashes
- Fixed various minor bugs