How to clean my Mac from Music
Are you wondering how to clean your Mac from music? It could not be easier. In this article you will find an ultimate guide to how to remove music from your Mac and different ways of doing it.
First and foremost, we would like to suggest you to try VOX Cloud out.
- It is the first cloud-based storage created specifically for those who value the quality of their music. Thanks to the Audio engine all your music files will be played in the best quality possible, to make sure you enjoy it to the maximum.
- True music-lovers will also appreciate the fact that one can store both lossy and lossless music formats on VOX Cloud. Yes, it is not a dream - you can keep your FLAC files and experience original playback. Your FLAC files will always stay FLAC, no matter what.
- There is no doubt that everyone will appreciate the next feature of VOX Cloud - it is absolutely infinite. It means that there is no need to worry about the amount of storage you have left - you can upload all the music albums you can think of and many more!
- VOX Cloud also helps one synchronize their Mac and iPhone. One can simply move all the music they have on their Mac and iPhone and use the free storage on their devices for other stuff. Access all your music anytime and anywhere and have plenty of storage for your pics, videos and files – a definitely win-win situation! Simply download your favourite songs to cache if you are afraid that Internet can let you down in the nearest future. You can start streaming songs from VOX Cloud when your connection is better. There will not be a minute without music!
- Use it on up to 5 devices – share your music with the loved ones and discover something new for yourself. Remember, you can install VOX on both iPhone and Mac.
There is just one thing you should keep in mind – not everyone has access to VOX Cloud :) In order to benefit from all its features one has to install VOX music player first on either their iPhone or Mac. But don’t worry – VOX is a one of a kind music player. Why? Just like VOX Cloud, it has everything what a modern music lover could ask for: a wide selection of formats which can be played, amazing playback, SoundCloud integration and even more. All of these are packed in an elegant music player, which is also free! So if you are a real music-phile, why not treat yourself and install both VOX and VOX cloud-based storage for all your music?
However if you are still not ready to fully commit to an awesome sound everyday, we have found a few other options for you. We are sure that after you check them out, you will not ask yourself the question: “How to clean my Mac from Music?” anymore ☺
So how to clean my Mac from Music?
If you decided to get rid of some of the music files on your Mac, you can either archive them or completely remove them. An archive will make your files smaller by compressing them. In order to reduce the size of your file you just have to click and Ctrl the file you need and then select “Compress”. This will save you a lot of space on your disc.
You should also make sure that you do not have multiple copies of the same file stored in your previous Library backups. In order to check that, you should go to your Music folder and then select iTunes. Your next step is to go to “Previous iTunes Libraries” and delete the ones which are outdated (you can keep the latest one if you like). Empty the trashbin – voila! You have a bit more space in your storage.
When you start feeling that your music library is too big and it begins to overwhelm you, you should consider transferring your files to an external hard drive or to a cloud-storage (just like VOX Cloud).
As an iOS user you can try iMatch first. It will match your music files which were purchased on iTunes and keep them in your iCloud. All the other files will also be uploaded to your iCloud. This way you will be able to access all your music anytime. You can even delete those files from your Mac – since all of them are stored online. To subscribe to iMatch you have to go to your iTunes and then to Store. Select “Subscribe” and follow the instructions.
If you do not want to depend on iOS, you can move your music library to an external hard drive. It is pretty much straightforward: select the music that you would like to remove and move it to the hard drive. Then, you should open it on your hard drive in order to check if everything can be played. If yes – go ahead and delete the files from your Mac. Do not forget to empty your trash!
Today we tried our best to answer a rather common question: “How to clean my Mac from Music?” Let us know if you still have any questions!