Quantity over quality or do you really have to convert FLAC to mp3?
Most audiophiles prefer to have their music encoded in FLAC format as it is generally the most popular Lossless format allowing excellent quality playback.
While it is a quite blast listening to it on your computer there’s only a handful of applications that allow for FLAC playback on mobile devices. And even if you are lucky enough to have FLAC-friendly mobile device music player then you still have to take into account your storage capacity. Flac files, due to that amazing bitrate they cary take an enormous amount o hard drive space.
We dare to assume that you have a pretty huge and exquisite music collection on which you are not giving up no matter what. So maybe it just doesn’t fit into your devices or maybe your iPhone or Mac just won’t play it due to the format restrictions.
One way to solve the problem is to go old school and compress files into more popular and mobile device compatible Lossy formats such as mp3 or AAC. The quality will be no great shakes but at least you will play them.
Here is an explanation for how to convert FLAC to mp3
The format conversion can be done in several ways, and you must be looking for the most convenient ones so take advantage of the the guide. You can go two ways: download a converting desktop app or do it with the help of online service.
FlacSquisher can convert FLAC to mp3 without wasting much time. What this desktop app offers is the conversion of the whole library from FLAC to mp3 without changing it’s structure, which means you won’t have to do the procedure for each track or album separately.
- Step 1. Download the FlacSquisher (the download is free)
- Step 2. Drag and drop files or choose to convert all library in one step.
- Step 3. Convert files.
The simple and lightweight app aims for fairly encoding an exact copy in medium bitrate lossy format. Obviously, you loose that quality but you save up storage and at least you can play it.
Switch Audio Converter
Switch Audio Converter is a simple desktop app which allows you to convert FLAC to mp3 and can also convert files between up to 40 formats in case your needs are more specific. It can also convert a whole FLAC playlist to mp3 and allows to access online database to add song information.
- Step 1. Download Switch Audio Converter.
- Step 2. Choose files on you computer.
- Step 3. Convert
Sound Converter - how to convert FLAC to MP3
Sound Converter is available for download in Mac App Store. Using it is quick and simple. All you need to do is drag and drop and the app will convert your FLAC to mp3, as well as to almost 100 formats.
- Step 1. Download
- Step 2. Choose files on your computer.
- Step 3. Convert and save to the folder of your choice.
There is also a better solution! How to convert FLAC to MP3
Even though it’s convenient you are probably looking for a different way to
- listen to FLAC and other Lossless formats both on your Mac and iPhone
- save up storage space
Since you already have that Lossless library it comes as no surprise that you among those music devotees who place quality on top of everything. Further still you have to deal with the limited storage space so you have to choose quality over quantity or versa.
Well now, friend, why not have both? Rather than converting music and losing all the assets you can choose Loop for Vox that allows you to upload unlimited amount of music to the cloud and play it any lossless format
What is LOOP?
Loop for VOX is an unlimited cloud storage for music withe the sync feature between Mac and iPhone.
What you get:using LOOP for VOX along with VOX for Mac ind iPhone (which is free to use).
- an unlimited MUSIC STORAGE solution designed specifically to work with VOX music player
- other nice features like a built-in radio with 50 000+ radio stations from around the world.
- an ability to listen to music in all formats, both lossless and lossy formats including FLAC, ALAC,
- MP3, OGG, APE and many others
- CarPlay and AirPlay options
- streaming your tracks from Soundcloud is also available as Vox is a native music player for Soundcloud and this allows you to browse your Soundcloud feed and add your favourite tracks to the regular playlists you create in VOX