Playback issue

I’ve encountered a playback issue that relates to tracks that do not load but could really be caused by any other network related issues or other issue with the App.

I took a screen recording of the issue because it does a better job of describing the issue: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo60nbtc7h0ly9o/vox-playback-issue-01.mov?dl=0

Summary of issue showcased in video: You have Vox play track A, but it won’t play and while Vox is attempting to play track A, you have Vox play track B instead. Vox will begin playing track B, but in the background, Vox is still attempting to play track A. After about 10-15 seconds, Vox realizes that track A can’t be played (for whatever reason) and issues an alert to the user that Track A “failed to load” and the app triggers the next track to play. So the Vox player skips from track B, to Track C, even though you wanted to play track B and no longer wanted track A to play.

Suggested resolution: Once you initiate a new track to play, any previous attempt to play a track, whether it was successful or still attempting to play, should be cancelled.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for this info.

It will be passed to the dev. team to be fixed shortly.

Did you have those tracks stored locally on your macOS device?
Did you try to delete\re-upload tracks that fail to play?

Thanks a lot for this info.

It will be passed to the dev. team to be fixed shortly.

Thank you.

Did you have those tracks stored locally on your macOS device?

Only when I used the watch folder feature to upload them to my account. After they uploaded successfully, I deleted them from that computer. The tracks played fine on my home computer, my work computer, and my iOS device, even though my work computer and my iOS device didn’t originally have those files available locally.

Did you try to delete\re-upload tracks that fail to play?

No, I wanted to give your team a chance to investigate the various issues I’ve reported recently before I did that.

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I must say, that we really appreciate your efforts in making so detailed responses!

We have succeeded reproducing the issues mentioned above and we are looking for a fix now. Stay tuned.

That’s great to hear. Let me know if you need any additional information. Happy to help.

Hi,

Looks like we’ve beaten it…

Please check!

I’ve checked and the tracks that would not play, now play without issue. Thank you!

I will be deleting the screencast that I made to reclaim space in my Dropbox account.