Random tracks no longer load

One of the albums in my account is experiencing an issue. Random tracks in this album no longer play; however, they played just fine approximately two weeks ago. I have not made any changes to this album in Vox cloud. The tracks refuse to play both in the iOS app and the desktop app.

Hi,

Thanks for notification.

Can you please identify that track, so we can check it from our side? Did you try to relogin to VOX Cloud and repeat an attempt?

The album in question is:

Artist: Beck
Album Title: Colors

The following tracks do play: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8

The following tracks do not play: 2, 4, 6, 9, 10

I understand why support always asks about trying to sign in and out of the application to see if it fixes the problem; however, I can’t tell you how much I despise that resolution. EVERY single time I have encountered an error on my phone, I’ve been asked to sign out and then sign back into the app. This means I have to go through the painful process of downloading each and every album to my mobile device all over again, which also has its share of issues that I have not shared with your company yet. I use this app every day, so I’ve become very familiar with all the quirks and problems with it.

Come across another album in my collection that has played fine in the past, but suddenly experiences issues with random tracks not loading.

Artist: John Digweed
Album: “Bedrock 18 - Signals [Disc 1]”
Tracks that do not load: 1, 8, 11

Artist: John Digweed
Album: “Bedrock 18 - Signals [Disc 2]”
Tracks that do not load: 1, 8, 9

Any updates regarding this issue?

Also, I signed out of the desktop app and signed back in but the tracks still do not load.

Hi,

Did you upload mentioned tracks recently? Did you manage an upload with a help of macOS device mentioned or using some other device (or the web tools)? Are trying to start playback now, but it doesn`t work?

Did you try to re-boot the VOX app and the Loop app on your macOS device and try to start playback?
Did you try to re-boot your macOS device and try to start playback?
Do you have the music files stored locally on your device?

The tracks refuse to play both in the iOS app and the desktop app.

If you have faced this kind of behavior on the iOS device, we suggest the following:

• Removing those tracks or the whole album.
  • Clearing cache,
  • Checking storage,
  • Rebooting your iOS device.

VERY single time I have encountered an error on my phone, I’ve been asked to sign out and then sign back into the app. This means I have to go through the painful process of downloading each and every album to my mobile device all over again, which also has its share of issues that I have not shared with your company yet. I use this app every day, so I’ve become very familiar with all the quirks and problems with it.

If nothing of mentioned above has helped we suggest to re-login with VOX Account in VOX app or re-install the VOX app completely.

Your previous comments on this issue - are already saved in our backlog. We have been working to get some improvements developed, in order to make this behavior disappear in the future.

Did you upload mentioned tracks recently?

No. they have been in my account for quite some time.

Did you manage an upload with a help of macOS device mentioned or using some other device (or the web tools)?

All of the tracks have been uploaded to my account via the watch folder feature of the desktop app. After I verified that an upload was successful, I removed the files from the watch folder. For a while all of these tracks played without issue, then randomly, they no longer play on my home computer, work computer, and my IOS device.

Are trying to start playback now, but it doesn`t work?

Yes. attempting to play them doesn’t work.

If you have faced this kind of behavior on the iOS device, we suggest the following:

• Removing those tracks or the whole album.

I did not do this because I wanted to give your team a chance to investigate the issue. Uploading the tracks should fix the problem, but the underlying issue of why the files randomly stopped working is the main issue here. They worked fine for a number of months without any problems.

• Clearing cache,

I tried this multiple times without success.

• Checking storage,

Plenty of space, over 400GB of space available on my iOS device.

• Rebooting your iOS device.

Tried this as well. No success.

If nothing of mentioned above has helped we suggest to re-login with VOX Account in VOX app or re-install the VOX app completely.

I will do this if I absolutely have to, but I sincerely hope that the app can be updated in the future so that it allows us to select multiple albums or tracks to download on our iOS device so we don’t have to select them individually because selecting them individually by album or track is a tedious process that I believe could be improved.

Your previous comments on this issue - are already saved in our backlog. We have been working to get some improvements developed, in order to make this behavior disappear in the future.

Thank you. I use this app A LOT. I use it during my 3 hour commutes to and from work in my car, I use it at work and at home. If you need a beta tester, I can be that. I’m a software developer and have experience with UX/UI principles which helps me see things from both the user standpoint and from a software design standpoint.

I’m unsure what you guys fixed, but the tracks that would not play, now play without issue. Thank you!