Download Issue

Problem: Vox will mark a track as downloaded and also report “All downloads are finished” even if there were tracks that could not be successfully downloaded.

I know this is an issue because it relates to the other issue I am having with tracks not loading correctly. Regardless of that issue, because I’ve encountered this issue previously, the app should be able to know that if a track did not download successfully, it should not mark the track as downloaded and it also shouldn’t report that “all downloads are finished” when not everything was able to be downloaded.

I’ve taken a video of my iOS device showcasing my attempt at downloading an album that I know contains tracks that will not download successfully, yet the app reports that they did.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuqwaaokq890iy0/vox-download-issue.mov?dl=0

Summary of video:

1. I attempt to download the “Bedrock 18 - Signals [Disc 1]” album.
  2. The app queues up the album for download
  3. After some time, the app reports that all tracks downloaded successfully even though I know that tracks 1, 8, and 11 were not downloaded.
  4. I cycle through playing the album’s tracks to showcase that tracks 1, 8, and 11, which are marked as downloaded, cannot play. And the graph in the UI shows that there is no data to display for these three tracks as well. The app skips to the next track when it realizes that a track can’t be played.

Suggested resolution: If the app is able to know that a track could not be loaded/downloaded successfully, it should not mark the track as “downloaded” and it most certainly should also not report that “all downloads are finished” when not all downloads were successful.

Hi,

Thanks for your post and the screencast!

Did you try to delete those, use a Clear Cache function, and download tracks 1, 8, and 11 again?
Did you reboot your iOS device and repeat an attempt?
Do you have enough space on your iOS device to download more tracks?

Did you try to delete those, use a Clear Cache function, and download tracks 1, 8, and 11 again?

Yes, tried multiple times. No success.

Did you reboot your iOS device and repeat an attempt?

Yes, tried multiple times. No success.

Do you have enough space on your iOS device to download more tracks?

Yes. I have well over 400GB available on my phone.

Just to be clear. The issue has nothing to do with the app’s other features. The issue is a flaw in the apps logic during the download process. If the app is unable to successfully download a track, it should not be marking that track as downloaded.

I am encountering a similar issue on iPhone - tracks appear to download fully and then are nowhere to be found. They just don’t download at all.

This is an iPhone issue (iPod touch appears to work normally) - Please fix!!

I’ve checked the app again and the tracks that would not play, now play without issue. In addition, because these tracks now play without issue, they also are downloading again. Thank you.

I will be deleting the screencast that I made to reclaim space in my Dropbox account.

Great!

Yes, sure, thanks for all efforts!

I will be deleting the screencast that I made to reclaim space in my Dropbox account