Windows Uploader BETA

Figured I might as well start a dedicated thread for the Windows Uploader BETA feedback and bugs. Feel free to jump in. If you want the beta and don’t have it, contact Vox support and ask for it.

As of last night the beta is not uploading. Nothing happens when I click upload. There have been multiple reports that the server is down so that might be it, but not sure if it’s a problem with the app. No word from Vox yet.

Update: Started the app today and it says “uploading” but there is no indication of progress of any kind. Not sure if it is “not responding” or if it just seems to be stalled but is actually working. Most users are probably going to think something is wrong in this situation… needs a message to let the user know what is going on.

Gui is completely locked up. Seems like it can’t handle adding a large library folder? Since this is exactly what most users are going to be doing with this app, this might need some attention.

I know there is a “feedback checkbox” for the option to “watch for new files” and automatically upload them… but just wanted to add my feedback that this is THE single most important feature… new files should be automatically uploaded and removed files should be automatically deleted from the server. Nobody wants to do this manually. This is a HUGE value add to the app and, honestly, this option has to be added.

Because uploading a library is going to take time, a “minimize to tray” option is going to be appreciated.

If there is an interruption in the internet connection, the uploader needs to pause uploading instead of just starting to add files to the “failed files” list.

The uploader is repeatedly flashing a command prompt window on the screen, even when minimized… would like for this stop.

Just used the beta for the first time:
Very pleased with the upload speeds, which are far faster than uploading through the web facility, although it does not seem to show the amount of data uploaded, which remains at zero MB.
However, it seems that it is necessary to upload entire folders, rather than single files, or have I missed something?

I’m trying the uploader today

Good

• does not stall out like Chrome web uploads. (Have to babysit uploads of folders via Chrome and if any song doesn’t open I have to open up windows folders search for the file and add it.)

Bad

• still no true PC app with not only uploads but ability to see entire library, edit library, remove duplicates or unwanted tracks, edit labels of tracks.
  • need functionality to add tracks and not just folders
  • due to all the problems with uploading via Chrome and dragging folders into beta Uploader, I now have even more duplicates :frowning:
  • I’ve been a Windows user and a customer since Sep 2018 so it’s making me think whether or not I want to renew my subscription :frowning:

Please set fair expectations with your customers in terms of timeline for a true functioning PC library management and uploader app

Hi Everyone!

Here comes an update for Beta version of VOX Uploader for Mac and Windows!

From today you can simply upload gigabytes of music to VOX Cloud. We’re glad to hear all your opinions about this app.

P.S.: We ask you to create a new account using different from VOX account email. Send us this new email (support@coppertino.com), and we’ll update it to “Beta tester” full access. You can use your active premium account, but it is at your own risk!

Important! If you’re using VOX Uploader right now - to update to the new version we will ask you to delete the previous version (delete cache also) and do a clean install. If you need some further guidance - support@coppertino.com

Change Log:

• Auto Update support
  • .cue file support is added
  • Album Artist meta fixed
  • Stability fixes
  • Bug fixes
  • Logo changed

Donwload & Install for Windows\ 160xauto

Donwload & Install for macOS\ 160xauto

Hello, I just tested the new version of the uploaded (V .17). I uploaded an album with 10 songs on it (“I Robot” by the Alan Parson Project") For some reason when I looked on the iOS Application, it split the upload into 3 separate albums (one for the first song, one for the second song, and one for the last 8 songs). I did log out and back into the iOS Application, but that did not fix the issue. I also verified that the Artist, Album, and Album Artists tags are identical for all 10 songs, so they should have appeared in the same album.

I did some additional testing. I modified that album name slightly, and uploaded the album via the web link https://my.vox.rocks/account?lfs=1. When I did that, all 10 albums uploaded to the same album. I then changed the album name again, and tested with the uploader (V .17). This time, 9 of the albums were in 1 album, and 1 song (2nd song) appears as another album in iOS.

The same thing is happening to me. I uploaded one album after upgrading to the new uploader. The album split in two with 8 songs appearing in one title and the remaining song in a second title.

I went back to the earlier version of the uploader and everything is working fine.

Thanks for the update! Do you have a link to the earlier version?

Unfortunately, no. I reinstalled the old version from the .exe file that I had downloaded a few couple of months ago when the old version was made available.

Reached a support desk to learn more about the fix\workaround for the “splitting issues” and they ensured me that an auto-update for VOX Uploader will be released soon!

Hope it will.

Let’s keep the fingers crossed :slight_smile:

What does that mean? That the split files will merge to one album, or that that we will get a version 3 beta uploader? Also still wondering when I can manage my files, delete duplicates, rename songs etc.

Hi,

Thanks for your posts!

We are looking forward to developing and releasing a few fixes for VOX Uploader app in the nearest future. Once we are done with all fixes, you will be prompt to update your VOX Uploader. An auto-update function was added in 0.2.17 (you would not need to delete\download installer.exe or DMG this time).

What does that mean? That the split files will merge to one album, or that we will get a version 3 beta uploader?

Hopefully, you will get both! But there is a possibility, that you will have to delete\re-upload those music files to VOX Cloud once again in the worst scenario. Is it Beta testing, or not?)

Also still wondering when I can manage my files, delete duplicates, rename songs, etc.

We are already working on it. VOX Uploader app is a part of the functionality, that will be introduced in ReVOX app, as well as the management tools.

Thanks to all for participating!

Thanks ! Had never heard of ReVox until now… Anyway you mention " there is a possibility, that you will have to delete\re-upload those music files to VOX Cloud once again in the worst scenario"

There is no functionality to delete music files in VOX Cloud so I am not sure how that would work.

If I am going to have split albums with no ability to delete albums, I will wait until there is a new version of an uploader or you can confirm how I can delete.

As for the moment, you can manage your music files using VOX Music Player app on macOS!

If you don`t own a macOS device, you can contact our support - https://vox.rocks/support to have it sorted remotely.