Soundcloud stream quality 128kbps or 320kbps

Shouldn’t the streaming bitrate for Soundcloud be 320kbps if you have access to HQ streaming?

https://help.soundcloud.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010227514-High-Quality-Streaming :

What is the quality of SoundCloud HQ streaming?

Our Hiqh Quality streaming format is encoded in 256kbps AAC. (equivalent to an mp3 encoded in 320kbps).

Hi Luis,

We have this to be fixed on our end. SoundCloud GO and GO+ are not fully supported at the moment.

Stay tuned!

Hello Vox Support Team,

I have sent three message now regarding clarification and help with uploading to my brand new Vox account. No replies.

I also see no way of actually starting a topic for this issue using the forum and I see all outgoing mail from the forum has been disabled. Further, I do not see any social media presence for your company.

Are you still in business?

If yes, I need a detailed and helpful response to the following question:

How do I upload my 1 TB music collection to my new Vox account from a Windows PC with Win7 Enterprice OS and all the major web browsers, plus a fast connection both download and upload? I see on Vox that there is a 250 MB limit to uploads even though my account is supposed to have unlimited storage for the level of membership I am paying for.

I need a work around for this limitation or I will cancel my account.

PLEASE reply ASAP to my tech support E-mail since I will have no way of knowing if you reply to this post in the forum given the no-outgoing messages limitation.

I can only wait 24 hours. After that, I move on to another solution.

Hi,

Regularly, VOX web service limited to 250mb.
However, you can use this link to upload your files (size limit up to 1gb) - https://my.vox.rocks/account?lfs=1

If you own an OS X device, there will be a couple of other methods to have it done using VOX app. There are no upload limits for VOX app to upload your music to VOX Cloud.
You are not limited on how much you upload.

Moreover, you can upload there any music file format, and it will be played on your devices without quality loss!

Also, I would like to notice, that we are already working on a cross-platform version of VOX app and an uploader app, that will be available on Windows and macOS and should make upload process easy and reliable.

We are looking forward to sharing the BETA soon and start closed testing sessions.

Unfortunately, this was note helpful

1. The link you provided takes me to the standard upload page on Vox. I tried to upload 1 GB of music but the upload stalled and froze my browser.

2. It is untrue that after a few seconds the music dropped in the upload page is in the cloud. An uncompressed AIFF file takes approximately 5 minutes to upload, sometimes more, judging my my initial upload attempt.

I need a truly easy simply way I can upload my music from my PC desktop to the Vox cloud. I understand you have a new uploader app that will make what I need possible. I need to know when you will have it. If it will be available in the next week, I can wait. If not, I need to cancel my subscription to Vox and find another solution.

I await your reply.

Unfortunately, this was not helpful (And this is the 2nd time I have sent this reply that needs to be answered)

1. The link you provided takes me to the standard upload page on Vox. I tried to upload 1 GB of music but the upload stalled and froze my browser.
  2. It is untrue that after a few seconds the music dropped in the upload page is in the cloud. An uncompressed AIFF file takes approximately 5 minutes to upload, sometimes more, judging by my initial upload attempt.

I need a truly easy simply way I can upload my music from my PC desktop to the Vox cloud. I understand you have a new uploader app that will make what I need possible. I need to know when you will have it. If it will be available in the next week, I can wait. If not, I need to cancel my subscription to Vox and find another solution.

If you do not get back to me within 48 hours, I will cancel my account and move on.

Hi Todd,

We are currently developing an uploader app that will be compilable with Windows and can be used for uploading files with no size limits.

Currently, you can upload your files without size limits using macOS. Also, you can use web-tools with 250mb limit and extended link with a 999mb limit.

What is an exact file size? If the files are ~ 700-900mb each, sure it will take more time to appear in VOX Cloud :wink: If you would like it to be really fast, you can go with mp3s!

1. It is untrue that after a few seconds the music dropped in the upload page is in the cloud. An uncompressed AIFF file takes approximately 5 minutes to upload, sometimes more, judging by my initial upload attempt.

If you have some problems with uploading files, please reach us here and create a support ticket: https://vox.rocks/support or keep to already created a support ticket.

I have 1 TB of mostly AIFF sound files on an windows 7 desktop. I want to get all of this music into the cloud so I can access it from anywhere via my mobile devices. I cannot upload 250 mb at a time. I cannot upload 999 mb at a time. It will take months to use that process. I need a solution that allows me to upload my full collection without limit from my windows 7 machine.

You have mentioned now a new uploader app but there is no indication of when it will be available as a beta.

If you cannot handle my needs, I must know now so I can cancel and move on.

So to be clear. No, I am not on a mac. No, I do not use compressed file types such as mp3s. No, my collection is not so small that upload 250 mb or 999mb at a time.

If you cannot handle my needs, please tell me now so I can cancel and move on.

Hi Todd,

You can upload more than 250 - 999mb per time, but every single file should not be more than 999mb.

Literally, you can upload ~5gb at the time, like this: 11 files, ~476mb each.

I would like to add, that we already got a VOX Uploader app compatible with Windows, running through the tests in our test lab starting from tomorrow.

As soon as the results will be satisfactory, we will send a “raw” build to you among the first!

I will wait for the raw build.

I think the mp3 is 256kbps and can extend to 320kbps

Still waiting for the version that will allow me to upload all my AIFF files. You promised this would be available soon. That was two months ago.

What is going on?

I pay you every month for a product I cannot use. This is not acceptable.

I can relate with you

Too late. You have wasted so much of my time and taken my money without providing a useful service. I am cancelling my subscription and will be very clear on social media about the bad experience I have had.

Hi Todd,

I am sorry about your decision.
Since the .aiff extension is a dealbreaker, I would suggest converting .aiff to FLAC. That is how you can get all your files to work properly with VOX without any quality loss.

If you don`t want to alter your .aiff library - we can understand that!

We are looking forward to realizing an update for VOX Uploader (probably for VOX Player too), that will include .aiff support, but to tell you truth, unfortunately, we are not there yet.

I can set a task to our support team to contact you personally, once we will be done with supporting .aiff. Also you can contact them directly if you are willing to get your hands on VOX Uploader (and get a 3 free month of VOX Premium) right now!

I have 30,000 aiff files. I use iTunes which does not support FLAC as my program for organizing my music. For these reasons your solution (Which has been proposed by VOX support before) is not workable.

VOX will fail if you force folks to make multiple systemic changes in order to work with your solution.

I just saw a charge for $4.99 today from VOX so clearly you did not act on my request. That is not acceptable.

Please confirm immediately the cancellation of my account AND the refund of the most recent $4.99 charge.

Sincerely,

Todd Bisson