Sonos grouped rooms not showing in VOX, unable to switch Sonos Rooms in VOX

On iPhone 10 with latest OS, latests Sonos and VOX apps, Sonos grouped rooms are not showing up at all in VOX (Playing song, … , Monitor , Output devices: only shows phone in airplay).

On same screen, if I do not have the grouped rooms, only one shows up. Regardless of what I select in Sonos, the same room shows up in VOX under output devices. I have not found a way to switch rooms in VOX. Tried force quitting apps, restarting phone, all sorts of sequences, but nothing will change the room in VOX.

Please advise on way of making this work. Playing FLAC on Sonos is THE reason I bought the premium version.

Hi,

Thanks for your notification!

Please share what your OS, Sonos firmware and VOX versions are?

Do you have the most recent update via Sonos controller installed? Did you try to reach the grouped outputs with Sonos native app, and check if they are avaliable in VOX?

This appears to be your answer for everything Sonos related. Why don’t you try and get Vox to actually work with Sonos on a reliable basis

Hi,

The thing is that we need to know all the conditions in order to reproduce the happing using our hardware and get to the root of the problem.

Additionally, we can provide you with some basic hints, but we would need to have the complete information about the case to do that.

Thanks for understanding.

I am having the exact same problem.
iPhone X, iOS 12.1.3, Sonos 10.0 Build 48.2.61220, Vox 2.3.7

Please advise.

We would suggest following:

*Re-creating a pair and refreshing all SONOS connection (Outputs > Sonos app (Client) ).

*Reach all outputs and paired outputs using SONOS native app on your iOS device.

*Start VOX and check output list to see all outputs available.

Also, you may try to turn your internet off, but WIFI should still be working, to check if you see a SONOS speaker with internet disabled.

Same issue here and the proposed solution isn’t working. I also have the same issue on the macos latest vox application. Could you please help ? Do you confirm that on your own tests everything is working fine with the latest updates from Sonos ? Thanks. BTW, this is the main reason for purchasing Vox : the link with Sonos. Thanks for the udpates.

I tried all the suggestions. Nothing works. Every time I go to outputs in Vox is shows a different Sonos zone. I have 4 zones but only 1 random zone displays in Vox. And now, even when I choose that zone nothing plays. Sonos works perfectly with everything but Vox. And for me too, the Sonos link is my main reason for purchasing Vox Premium. Please advise.

I have exactly the same manifestation always only 1 Sonos speaker that appears randomly. Even if selected, the selected speaker can then disappear. Please advise.

VOX support: we need some advice and a solution to this issue! Please help!

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the details shared with us!

All notifications were passed to the dev. team.

Can you please share a few more details about the issue or catch it on the screen recording?

• How many active Sonos outputs do you have in your set up?
  • Does this problem happens only to paired speakers?
  • Are there some speakers that have never appeared in VOX? Or do all of them appear, but one after another and only one speaker in the moment of time?
  • We would be glad if you can share some steps for our QA to reproduce “the changing” of the Sonos outputs listed in VOX or catch it on the screen recording?

We will try to reproduce this behavior using our hardware and locate the issue to fix it as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I am now running Vox 2.3.8 and Sonos 10.0.2

I have 4 Sonos outputs.
I only tried to use a single Sonos output because that was all that was displayed. And now I get zero Sonos outputs to choose from. It is as if Sonos does not exist.
Yes, there were Sonos speakers that never appeared in Vox. Of the 4 Sonos outputs only 3 ever appeared, and then it was only one at a time. There were times that it would change which one appeared within a matter of minutes.
I would love to share some screen captures but I do not get ANY Sonos outputs to appear now.
I have even changed the Sonos channel and it has made no difference.
Thank you.

Hi,

Good news!

The hot fix is already underway. Just wait for 2.3.9 to become avalibale in AppStore.

Thanks for the quick reply and update. Can’t wait!

Vox support: when should we expect to see v2.3.9 that you say will solve the Sonos problem? Its been 2 weeks since you said its coming and over 4 months since the problem was reported. Thats 1/3 of a year of our premium subscription wasted! Please advise. Thanks

Hi,

Good news!

Seems like our dev. team did a great job fixing a bundle of bugs and the 2.3.9 should be available in a few days. We need to finish testing and submit the 2.3.9 version of VOX app to review in the App Store.

Keep the fingers crossed!

Hey everyone!

iOS version with Sonos fix is already available in AppStore!

Looking forward to your feedback!

Seems like the Sonos fix works, although it seems I have to set the desired Sonos source in the Sonos app first. Still testing. That’s the good news, bad news is it appears 2.3.9 has broken the Apple Watch app. Now, when I use Vox, I get the orange circle with 3 bars in the top of the Apple Watch (no Vox watch app displays) and when I tap on it it briefly shows the Vox app and says there is no current track, even though a track is playing in Vox on my iPhone. Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your report.

We are aware of this issue, our dev. team is working to get it fixed ASAP. Sorry for temporary difficulties.

Version 2.3.10 still has this problem. Any idea when it will be fixed? Controlling VOX from my watch is very useful. Thanks