Series of bugs prevent me from using my Premium subscription at all

I just signed up for Vox Premium on Mac (for use also on iOS). I want to be a customer but I’ve hit so many sharp edges I’m now leaning more towards just a refund…

For some reason the password I had on file wasn’t working to log in so I tried resetting my password but got a “Bad Gateway” error at some stage. The web app is running really slow, as if the server is single threaded and hung on an SSO exchange or the database is blocking page rendering. I couldn’t remember if I had registered via Google SSO or a separate Gmail login but SSO seemed to work after several oddly unresponsive failed attempts at logging in. Pressing the button to submit the reset password form would hang indefinitely, usually with no response, similar to the login form for me.

I did eventually find that in the “VOX Cloud” part of the macOS app settings I could register there, which I was happy to do because I wasn’t having much luck with the web app, but after going through a flow that somehow ended up making me accept terms for iTunes I am now being billed a monthly subscription according to my iPhone’s iTunes subscriptions page but the website doesn’t reflect my premium subscription, nor does the desktop app. I thought this may have something to do with my firewall (Little Snitch) which I had used to restrict some of the domains that Vox connects to. I’ve found Vox connects to more external hosts (with multiple processes too) than most of my other daily apps combined – very frustrating for someone who controls their network. VOX also phones homes on port 80, justifying the use of something to shut down its network use. I see a premium subscription to Vox on my iPhone but doing “restore purchase” on the mac app doesn’t pick up the fact I’ve already paid for Vox Premium. I cancelled the subscription, removed all Little Snitch rules, and tried to sign up again on the Mac app and it STILL doesn’t work, and Restore Purchase still doesn’t work either.

I don’t know what the QA situation is but how I am going to migrate a big music library to VOX for the long haul when literally every feature that relates to premium is effectively broken for me? According to iTunes I have a subscription until mid-November but I don’t? Can you please either activate my account or refund me the $5?

I’m having almost the exact same problem. The Mac app does not recognise my premium account despite me having payed for it and received a receipt via e-mail. The web app is stuck trying to authorise my account – “You will be redirected to VOX in a few seconds”. It’s been hours. I have tried restarting everything. Nothing helps.

Couldn’t agree more with this:

I just signed up for Vox Premium on Mac (for use also on iOS). I want to be a customer but I’ve hit so many sharp edges I’m now leaning more towards just a refund…

I don’t know what the QA situation is but how I am going to migrate a big music library to VOX for the long haul when literally every feature that relates to premium is effectively broken for me? According to iTunes I have a subscription until mid-November but I don’t? Can you please either activate my account or refund me the $5?

Hi Everybody!

Thanks for reaching out and for all the key-points listed. We are developing and installing major improvements to get more stable results and improve upload\stream stability with the new infrastructure.

We are currently fixing some problems on the back end and the technical service is running at the moment.

Please take our apologies for all the issues that you have recently faced - they will be gone soon.

If you suffer some difficulties, please contact us directly - https://vox.rocks/support And we will seek some individual solutions for you.