Organising music files by song name

Arrgh, I switched to VOX as there were good reviews but after less than a couple of days ,I’m already wishing I hadn’t (should have read these comments first)!!

I have a library of over 1500 music backing tracks (I’m a singer) and I need to be able to sort by song title so I can find what I’m looking for quickly - especially important if I’m on stage at the time! To be able to sort is a fairly basic function that even iTunes can manage …

On my first attempt, I uploaded a trial section of files (about 200), the list was totally random, so I deleted everything to start again. I thought maybe it was a premium feature, so I upgraded. Then I made a complete set of copy files, organised everything alphabetically in a single folder on my desktop, and then re-imported it into VOX for a second time.

This time, VOX has randomly split the tracks into 4 separate folders and there’s even less order within each of those than the first time!! Arghhhh, I’m extremely frustrated and would be extremely grateful to anyone who can help me, please??

In the VOX app on macOS and iOS, you’ll find your music files listed in the VOX Cloud tab and VOX Library, respectively.

VOX is tailored for audiophiles, resembling a meticulously organized vinyl collection. It relies on ID3 tags and bitrate for organization. If your ID3 tags are correct, simply drag and drop music files into VOX, and they will be sorted automatically without the need for traditional folders.

While VOX doesn’t use a folder structure internally, you can customize how your music appears in VOX Cloud by editing ID3 tags.

Also, you may find this topic helpful:

If you prefer to maintain your folder structure within VOX, we recommend utilizing Collections.
With Collections, you can gather music files from specific folders and organize them into a new Collection.