You Cannot Double-Click a file to Play Vox-Player

Yeah Great. Can’t even upload the proof of my claim. It’s not a picture but a Video of course. How else you could show this kind of failure??

When VOX is NOT OPEN you CANNOT OPEN any FILE at all !!!

Come on, what’s wrong with you anyway? It takes a century to get opened your cloud folder anywayr?!

Thanks for your post!

Please advise what file format is the video course you are trying to open with VOX?
Have you noticed any error notifications during the process?

Actually, VOX is an audio player, yes, there are various formats supported, still, video file formats may not play in VOX.

Here you can find the whole list of the supported formats:

• Uncompressed formats: AIF, AIFF, ASF, DSD, PCM, WAV
  • The lossy formats are: AAC, M4A, M4B, MP1, MP2, MP3, MP4, MP+, MPC, MPP, OGA, OGG, OPUS, RA, RM, WMA.
  • Lossless: ALAC, APE, DFF, DSF, FLAC, TTA, WMA Lossless, WV
  • Playlist formats: CUE, M3U, M3U8, PLS, XSPF
  • Specific Audio Formats: IT, MO3, MOD, MTM, S3M, UMX, XM, AY, GBS, GYM, HES, KSS, NSF, NSFE, SAP, SPC, VGM

Well… m4a is audio file. So is Flac and Alac. Double clicking those files will freeze Vox completely if Vox is not already opened. Cloud Agent is opened.There is no error message. Vox just freezes. Problems doesn’t concern Mp3s. Weird.

I was talking about video… yes, because I was trying to send one into my Topic but for some reason you only except photos. You can’t explain this kind of failure/bug with photo. Only video can show exactly what happens.

• Mac Mini 2018 and MBP 2019 Big Sur. My previous computer, iMac 2017 Big Sur. So. Problem has been there for months now. Why?

Please try to uncheck the flagbox in VOX > Preferences > Sources > Clear default playlist before adding files.

That should do the trick.

Oh my God, you nailed it :smiley:

That was the thing for all this time!

Thank You :blush: