Windows/Linux Support and Cache limits?

Hi! 2 quick questions:

1. Any plans for windows/linux/wine support?
2. Is there a way to control how much space the Loop cache takes up on a phone? Are there any controls on what gets cached locally on the phone from the loop library?

Thanks!

Hi

1.Yep, we are thinking about bringing Vox to Windows and Linux but currently we can't say anything about the estimated time.

1. In currently being tested 1.0.8 version of Vox for iOS cache size restricted to 6Gb. Just wait a bit for next update.
    Which kind of control do you want on cached stuff?
    For storing loop items locally, we've designed download feature. Cache works under the hood separately from loop downloads and we are not thinking it as Local Storage. Also caching on-the-fly cannot be properly implemented for all audio formats supported by Loop and Vox, especially lossless ones.

Thank you for your feedback.

Which kind of control do you want on cached stuff?

Preferably a way to pin specific artists/albums/songs if I don’t currently have them cached. Next time songs can be downloaded, vox would then cache these.

It would also be nice to have some sort of priority based specifiers: e.g. newer items get cached and older items get cached based on listening patterns as well as shuffling in uncached tracks to keep things fresh.

Ok, we will think about these features.
Thank you for you feedback!

I think LInux support is vital, although I use a mac when I have too, it seems like the Mac is less useful to me as time goes on and would prefer to work in LInux environment.

Also, at some point I think I would like to build a streaming host in my home, and buying Mac to stream music seems like a waste of resources. Having a Linux/Android box for less than 50$ now that is a good allocation of resources.

Hi Doug,

Thanks for reaching out!

We'll definitely consider this.