When does / doesn't the player show the track waveform?

From the vox.rocks website …

From my device …

Why don’t I see the waveform for some of my files?

Hi,

Thanks for your post!

Yes, there are a couple of possible options:

• Track is now downloaded in full, and VOX can`t build a waveform before it happens.
  • You are using, let’s say, m4a (or some other) container which makes impossible for VOX to “look” inside the container to collect needed information, which makes building waveforms impossible. (VOX loves Flac music files, if you listen to HD audio).
  • Some other unknown reasons.

Do you have those tracks uploaded to VOX Cloud? What about the music file extension?

Hi, I am having the same issue. Just to confirm, point two above is suggesting that the waveform will not be displayed for ALAC files, is this correct?

If this is the case, it would be cool to have the option to disable the waveform and replace it with a standard progress bar or something for files that are not compatible with the waveform.

I have a mix of file types. Most of my collection is in Apple Lossless, but I also have some MP3s (for tracks not available in any other format).

Perhaps you should preemptively generate and cache waveforms on the server (e.g. immediately after upload,? That would be smart, and relative easy to implement (speaking as a systems engineer with 35 years experience).

Thanks for your post!

Yes, that is exactly what we are planning to implement in order to get rid of this issue. However, our resources are limited and VOX team is focused on other features and stuff at the moment.

I hope that dev. team we will have enough time to get their hands on this case in the foreseeable future!