Vox for Windows: FLAC uploads repeatedly fail

I’m using Vox for Windows for the first time. I’m encountering frequent failed uploads of FLAC albums. Currently 3 out of every 4 album uploads is failing. The only solution I’ve found involves converting the FLAC album to MP3, keeping the same metadata. Only then will the album upload. I don’t want to convert to lossy format, and I don’t want to have to do this for almost every album I upload. Is there a fix for this?

After experimenting more with the uploader, I’ve come to the opinion that the repeated fails with FLAC uploading have to do with Vox’s handling of FLAC and/or FLAC metadata. The Vox server is aborting the upload on all failures. If I convert the album to any other format (e.g., MP3 or ALAC), it will upload without errors. Unfortunately, my music collection is in FLAC format, and I don’t want to have to convert everything that I intend to upload to the cloud.

Is the Vox mini player app available on Windows? I found uploads via the macOS Vox Universal app buggy (but not as buggy as you have), but the mini version worked quite well.

I’d be surprised if it helps, but I wrote a post documenting a few things I learned when I was uploading my collection (mix of MP3, AAC, ALAC, and FLAC).

Thanks. Unfortunately, those tips didn’t help me resolve the issues that I was having with Vox Universal. I don’t think that there is a mini player for Windows. The web upload failed as well. The only way to get uploads to work with Vox Universal is to convert my albums to ALAC. Even MP3 must be converted to lossless ALAC to upload, which is ridiculous.

Yeah, that’s not right. All those formats work on the macOS apps.

the same thing has happened to me with very specific releases - 80% of flac’s work but there are some crazy stubborn ones that don’t no matter how many times i try.