Vox does not delete files!

Hi guys, i also have another thread in suggestions but i realise i should have placed it here as i did not receive a reply yet but it seems people are getting responses in here.

When i press Command L to locate the file and then use the delete shortcut or right click and select Delete with File, the file is actually still in the same place. It doesn't move to trash, Or delete it from the directory..

This really needs to be fixed. I 'deleted' around 30 songs only to realise later they are all still there =(

Thanks for your help and making such a beautiful product.

This appears to be very well fixed in the new updated version.

Would be awesome if it automatically played the next song after a file deletion though.

Thanks for fixing this! This has made me very happy!!! And the addition of Show File in Finder

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We will take into consideration your suggestion!
Enjoy!

The Delete with Files only works occasionaly. Sometimes, it does not delete the files at all. I have no idea when it does and when it does not. I am using version 2.1.1.

The file is only deleted occasionally. Some times it deletes, some times it does not. I don't know when it does and when it does not. I am using version 2.1.1.

It seems to be working quite well for me since the update. When i do delete a file, Vox will pause (think) for a couple of seconds while it's deleting and then the file is moved to the trash. I would have the trash open and then delete 4 or 5 files in a row and see if they appear in the trash.

Just tried. It happens right in my face. Some times it deletes and some times it does not. No idea why. I tried to delete with file in the playlist. It removes the file from playlist but the file still sitting there in the Finder. I drag the file into Playlist again then try to delete with file again, it works this time. I undelete(put back) the file from Finder and drag into Playlist, then delete with files again. Then, it some times delete but some times don't. It works for you every time without fail?

That's strange! Yeah it works every time for me now. Are you sure you are not just selecting just Remove? You need to select Remove with File. What i do is, a song is playing..
1. Press - Command L - This locates the file in the playlist
2. Press - Command + Shift + Delete - This will delete the file to the trash

Try that way if the other one doesn't work. I have attached a screen shots of both methods.

I know what we do differently. You are deleting the file of the song that is "playing" - Yes, it works all the time. I am deleting the file of a song which is not currently "playing" - it does not work all the time.

Ahhhhh! I see. I just tried a bunch of files that weren't playing and it has worked for me also.

it seems to work if you just drag the files into playlist and delete immediately. Try to drag them in, play a song, skip to next song. now try delete the previous song (the one you just played). it does not work every time.

Hmm sounds like it may be a different type of bug. If i were you, for the
time being, and wanted to delete a file that is not currently playing, i
would just Show in Finder and delete it from there.

No worries, I have been doing just that. Actually, really no big deal, just wanted to report the problem, thats all. What bugs me is the function is there available but it does not work, and deleting files is such a simple programming task. As a person who knows a little bit about programming, I suspect the following possible reasons: 1) Cannot find the correct file to delete because it is not currently playing, or 2) file permission or system resources holding the file, preventing it from deleting since it was reasonably played. Hope you can find the problem and fix it. Cheers.

The discussion has been closed.