VOX App pulling the wrong Album Art out of nowhere

Just downloaded VOX so I can play some lossless audio files from my iPhone. Used a Mac application to edit the Metadata and add the album artwork, looked good on my MacBook Pro, so I AirDropped the AIFF-C files to my iPhone 8 Plus, opened them in VOX, they imported fine but showed up with the wrong album art, not the artwork I embedded into the files with the application on my Mac. Is there a way to fix this? Is VOX actually looking at the embedded artwork or is it pulling from a database according to the artist and album metadata? Not a huge deal, kind of funny since the band is 7 guys not three women, but oh well. Maybe it’s a glitch with the AIFF codec. Might try editing the metadata on some WAV files and importing those instead. I included a screenshot of the VOX app playing with the wrong artwork, and also the correct artwork. Thanks.

Here’s the correct album art (I could only post one photo at a time):

Hi,

Were those tracks uploaded via files sharing?

Can you share the original files with us, so we can run some tests with them and VOX?

Hi, I have a similar problem right now. An album I uploaded has the wrong album art - and that artwork is nowhere to be found in what I uploaded. To be honest, I’d rather have no album art than a wrong cover…is there any way to prevent Vox from pulling album art?

Edit: apparently the answer is to include the cover art file (e.g. cover.jpg) when uploading; VOX will use that cover art instead of trying to pull it from wherever it’s getting it.

No, VOX doesn`t have such a feature on iOS devices at the moment. Probably we will consider adding such functionality in future updates.

is there any way to prevent Vox from pulling album art?

Yes, you are completely right!
Also, you can embed an artwork 600x600 into the music file, using various id3 tag editors, before uploading.

Edit: apparently the answer is to include the cover art file (e.g. cover.jpg) when uploading; VOX will use that cover art instead of trying to pull it from wherever it’s getting it

Just so you’re aware, I had album artwork embedded in the files and they were ignored.

Thanks for reporting! Did you upload those files to VOX Cloud or locally on your iOS device?

VOX Cloud via the MacOS app

I am having same issue. Uploaded to VOX Cloud, with album Art as part of FLAC and when listening to on iPhone random album art is appearing.

Encoded with Vinyl Studio
Art Work Correct when listing to the FLAC via a file on the car
FLAC uploaded via Mac VOX app

Yep, I’m uploading all sorts of different file types from the PC app with artwork and some with none. There seems to be no consistency between keeping my artwork, changing it, replacing it with the wrong artwork from a database or putting in the Now That’s What I Call music 1988 cover. I’m pretty tired of the Now That’s What I Call Music 1988 cover already. Also, why can’t you choose a cover image for Collections?

i’m having the same issue–80% of the albums i want to put on the vox cloud have the same incorrect album art.

pretty frustrating!