Universal MacOS Beta app feedback

Hi guys,

Could not easily find a topic to discuss issues and suggestions with the universal app, please merge one if another already exists.

I have two issues:

1. When paused and used, the app randomly starts playing the next song in the queue from time to time. Something happens in the background that triggers it. I was just having a Slack call with a colleague and was not touching the keyboard, when out of nowhere VOX Universal started playing music. Happened a few times today.
  2. Just discovered that I can finally edit the metadata of the tracks in my library. However, it seems the only shortcut I could find to edit Name, Album and Artist is if clicking the three dots button that appears when hovering over the track while in a Playlist. If I search for the same track in Library and try to do the same - only the Name field appears in the edit box.
    Furthermore, when I click update after editing the metadata - nothing happens visually. I would expect that the edit window should view dismissed or I would get some feedback that the edit was successful(and it was).

Thanks!

Where you join to the MacOS Beta app?
I want to test the new app and give feedback to Vox Team

I am sure are on the list of beta testers, so you may just check your e-mail box for e-mails from VOX to join the testing session!

Otherwise, please reach our tech. support desk https://vox.rocks/support to receive an invite!

I sent an email yesterday, I’m looking forward to a response.
Thank you.

I have it!! Thanks :grinning:

Man… I want the Beta, too!

Hi all,

Also testing the beta of the Vox Universal App.

2 critical features to improve:

1. As mentioned above, tag editing is crucial to the success of this app. We need to be able to have a fully featured and easy to use batch tagging facility. Currently, you have to tag your files locally prior to upload, and if any errors you have to tag locally, delete from the cloud, and re-upload! Please update us if this is going to be a feature that is prioritised…

2. Folder browsing!: but sometimes my files aren’t tagged properly, but the folder structure and file naming are spot on. The folder may also contain album art, file information in a text file, etc. so would be great to be able to open images and text files within the app. This shouldn’t be hard to implement, and most good players offer to browse and play music by folders. The image and text viewer would be incredibly helpful too.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

@VOX_Support_Team Any feedback from the team on the mentioned issues?
Thank you!

Thanks for your posts, we highly appreciate your feedback and efforts!

First of all, we would like to note that the current build of the VOX Universal beta - is a basic version of the app, with only essential functionality, such as:

Playback, Queue (+ Play Next), Tracks View, Playlists, basic Editing tools, etc.

We’ve had to disable a number of additional features before release to make this build stable enough on various platforms to be shared with our users.

The main goal - to see if there are some critical bugs, that prevent our users from running the app on their devices.

All your feedbacks and issue reports are collected and shared with the VOX Team, we are going to release an update with some stability and usability fixes soon.

Feel free to share your issue reports with us via our support desk (support@coppertin.com) or just here!

We’ve passed the information shared in your first post to the dev.team and they are working on a fix.

This is going to be resolved in a future update. You can also get in touch with our tech. support - support@coppertino.com to get some assistance on that matter!

1. When paused and used, the app randomly starts playing the next song in the queue from time to time. Something happens in the background that triggers it. I was just having a Slack call with a colleague and was not touching the keyboard, when out of nowhere VOX Universal started playing music. Happened a few times today.

Yes, we’ve been forced to come up with such a solution, for now, otherwise, we wouldn`t have an opportunity to share this build with you now!

Essentially, we are planning to introduce full-fledged editing tools and some new features in future versions during ongoing beta sessions.

Just discovered that I can finally edit the metadata of the tracks in my library. However, it seems the only shortcut I could find to edit Name, Album and Artist is if clicking the three dots button that appears when hovering over the track while in a Playlist. If I search for the same track in Library and try to do the same - only the Name field appears in the edit box.

Thanks for the reply, keep up the good work!

I have downloaded the Universal app and it won’t play any files? It says unsupported format for mp3 or FLAC

Please reach our tech. support desk https://vox.rocks/support to have it sorted!