Sync Collections? Is it possible?

Hello, I've come across what may very well be one of the most obvious blunders of Vox yet: syncing Collections between the Mac app and iOS app via Loop. It is a royal pain-in-the-ass to create and manage Collections on an iOS device, whereas it is a breeze in the desktop app.

I am a Loop subscriber with about 400GB of tunes stored in the cloud. I have about 20 or 30 collections I've curated since the inception of my subscription last October. I have not been able to determine how I can initiate the synchronization of Collections between the Mac app and iOS app.

I am sincerely hoping that I am simply missing something- if not, you guys aren't even close to tapping the potential of Loop...

Best,
Mark

Hello Mark,
Thanks for getting in touch.
Yes, collections, unfortunately, are not synced currently, because we faced some technical difficulties while implementing that mechanism, and had not enough time to get back to it.
Anyway, It's on our ToDo list and will be implemented.
Stay tuned!

Regards
Konstantine.
VOX Team.

I definitely want collection syncing.

SOVLED

how? I have the Mac version and iOS and my Mac collections are not on the iPhone?

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us!

Currently, Synced Collections should be created using the VOX for macOS (Main app) and synced over all other devices, such as VOX for iOS (mobile version) and all other macOS devices you got.

We believe that creating Synced Collections using macOS (Main app) and syncing them to iOS (mobile\secondary version).

Just mark this option.

Already created a Collection? Good!

Press this button, click on “Rename” and “Sync” option will be available again!

Hi
I just subscribes specifically for this feature but the synchronization does not exist. I cannot find it anywhere.

Hi, Please reach our tech. support desk https://vox.rocks/support to get some individual assistance.

Thanks for that! Works like a charm :wink: Will use a lot from now :slight_smile:

@VOX_Support_Team:
Just upgraded to VOX Cloud last week and I’m no where near done uploading my FLAC library, but I’m loving it so far! It’s so nice to be able to access all of my unreleased music that I previously needed to plug in a bulky hard drive for.

Just wondering (I believe I read it somewhere else), do Collections have to be 100% complete before syncing with other devices? Or are you able to re-edit them later (add/remove tracks) & re-sync later?

No, that is not quite right.

You can edit your Synced Collection whenever you want :wink:

@VOX_Support_Team
Ok cool. However, Spotify is not available thru VOX MacOS… so if you are saying that a Collection must be made & synced on MacOS originally, how do we go about adding songs from Spotify to this Collection?

Once a Collection is created on Mac and synced to our other devices, can we add Spotify songs to that Collection using our iOS App? If so, I assume the Spotify songs added to that Collection WILL NOT show up when using VOX on Mac since Spotify is only supported on the mobile versions of VOX…?

Once you have created a collection on Mac and synced it to iOS, are you not able to add tracks to that collection directly from iOS? I can see the synced playlist on my iOS app and play songs from it, but I when I try to add songs to a collection, that synced playlist is not an option… FYI I am trying to add songs from my VOX Cloud, not Spotify songs or anything…

Currently, Synced Collections should be created using the VOX for macOS (Main app) and synced over all other devices, such as VOX for iOS (mobile version) or macOS devices which you use with VOX.

We consider including a “cross-sync” feature between iOS and macOS devices to make it possible to adjust the Synced Collection using iOS devices.

As for the moment, you can only create mixed Collections on iOS that may include Spotify tracks, YouTube tracks, SoundCloud, or tracks stored in VOX Cloud.

Can you just create a resync button at least? This would solve a ton of sync problems.

Thanks for your post!

Please describe what re-sync button should do?

If you have any problems with the sycn, please reach our tech. support desk https://vox.rocks/support to have it sorted!

Although the sync feature does work eventually, that can range 10-15 minutes. For the end user, this presents uncertainty.
I was thinking something like this:

I mean, if you added this functionality would it ultimately take just as long to sync?

When I sync, I lost all my track lists in my collection. What is this? Then I re-add, however, it doesn’t really sync those to my phone. Please advise.

Signed up for Premium on my iPhone. Nothing syncs. My Account on the website does not recognize that I have a Premium account and keeps prompting me to upgrade. How do I get my music onto my iPhone?

If you still didn’t hear, try ‘restore purchases’ or something… that worked for me