Single ape(flac) + cue, playback bugs

Hello.

I apologies for my english.. I'll try to explain as clearly as I can.
My system is os x 10.9.4, early 2011 macbook pro + external asus xonar u7 sound card in 6 channels mode as DAC. Issue exists both in stable 2.0.3 and 2.1b4 Vox versions.

I have some issues playing some ape (or flac) +cue cdda copies if 'convert stereo to multiple channels' is checked. Problem exists only with one ape(flac) for all tracks + cue, single tracks are played well.
1. Launch vox (stable or 2.1beta4) with 'convert stereo to multi' set to ON (checked).
2. Add cue sheet playlist to default of custom collection and start playback.
3. First one or several songs will be played without issues, then randomly:
3a. - next song will played for 9-..? seconds and skipped, playing progress bar will start blinking, indication of 'currently playing song' will remain at its position, player will continue playing next (3d, 4th etc.) song and time of track's playback will just increase over its actual length.

3b. - next song will played normally, but at the end of it progress bar will start blinking, indication of 'currently playing song' will remain at its position, player will continue playing next (3d, 4th etc.) track, time of track's playback will just increase over its actual length.

3c. - first ~20-30 seconds will be played normally then skipped to next track, then again ~20-30 sec. of playback and skipping to next one.
If (after this bug 3a\b\c\ already occurred) manually double-click to any other track, for example 8 of 18, playing progress bar returns to its normal state, 'currently playing' displays correct song (8), but at the and of track 'currently playing' will remain at position 8 and next tracks will be played, playing progress bar will be blinking.

Plus to this in 2.1b4 drug'n'drop to 'Clear and play' doesn't automatically start playback in custom collection (default collection is OK).

There was no any improvement concerning the issue in you 2.1.1 version. If stereo to multichannel conversion is selected the bug described above occurs.

Sorry there was loong delay before I am sending my reply.

Thanks for Your determinate and detailed input, we will look into this.

Meanwhile, could You please check if problem appears in latest release? It is important because the problem could be connected to the given file/format/cue You have.

From today on, You can download latest version from here: http://coppertino.com/vox/osx/ (use Direct Download button)

Hello!

As far as I can see problem was solved in version 2.2.10 (build 2210)
for ape\flac single track files I had problem with.

Thank you for response, great job!

01.10.14, 15:08, soundguy wrote:

It's good to hear :)

Good listening, and don't hesitate to contact us about anything concerning VOX!

The discussion has been closed.