Search slow and only by tracks or artists, but not album

This is very frustrating.

Is it by design? If so, it’s very poor design. There is no indicator as to when searching is in progress / complete.

Please look at how well other platforms (e.g. Amazon HD) handle searching. It would be good to return popular/recent matches first, by album, artist and track (in that order), with an option to See All in each category.

Is it a bug in the app or your servers? Please fix this ASAP, as it makes it very hard to enjoy my large collection.

Is it an indexing problem? Do you need to rebuild my indexes?

As someone who has had a 35 year career in systems and database performance, I am shocked at how bad this is.

I could do a better job with a flat file and grep. A database approach should return instant results. It’s not as if my collection is a big as Amazon’s is it?!

Thanks for your post!

The thing is that search functionality is pretty simple and really limited, that is why it might seem that search has more cons than pros… however, it is the best solution we’ve got at the moment and it is working :slight_smile:

Essentially, we are looking forward to improving the search engine in future updates of the VOX app.

This is an EPIC task for our dev. team, since we have to improve the whole infrastructure and clients as well, hence I believe we will be able to get everything done soon.

I am sorry to say, but I absolutely agree with Phil Harman and search is not always working in my case. Sometimes it does not return results, sometimes it returns files that have already been removed, but what’s most annoying is the spinning rainbow wheel preventing to do anything else with Vox until searching is done.

You keep saying that you are going to improve the search engine for over a year! Do it already!

Andrejs