No longer possible to simply play the contents of a folder

I've had to ditch Vox after this latest update, because it is no longer possible to play the contents of a file folder directly and simply, without first having to create a playlist. "Open" used to bring a pop-up window with the next option of "open" whatever folder I wanted to play the contents of. Now "open" only leads to "add", but I don't want to add anything. I'm not interested in playlists, I'm not interested in collections, default or otherwise. I simply want to play the contents of my file folders, one at a time, as I happen to have organised them, thank you very much.

Besides which, even when I do try to do things your way, I'm at a loss to understand how it works. After fiddling with it for an hour and coming up with nothing but complete and utter chaos, I gave up. Anybody know of a simple music player that just plays stuff on Mac? How I long for my old PC, where I could simply right-click on a folder and tell it to play.

We seem to be living in a time when companies want to take over your whole life and organise it for you.

It is still possible to play the contents of a folder in Vox! You just have to drag an drop the folder containing the music files you want to play onto the upper part of Vox. You will be presented by the choice to just play the files or to add them to a new playlist.
Don't ditch this fantastic player! Try it out!

Yes, thanks. I had indeed failed to clue in to that. It’s just a different way of thinking about it — open the player, open the finder and pull over. I’d been using it all this time anyway, clicking about 7 times. I’ve stuck with it because I like the look and sound.

Am 11.09.2014 um 18:32 schrieb Me tender2+d73e6d8b94a244b7bcb7260d09ebd98320445a60f@tenderapp.com:

I am so annoyed by this. the reason I used vox was exactly because I could just for example forwar thorugh a whole folder with subfolder - to quickly check through a label archive of 12 inches.

is there any good reason why vox had to remove this behavior. where can I find the old version of vox?

YES...thanxxx to Robert ! That's the thing with the new App. WHY not have still an ...OPTION...to make VOX exactly play a folders content...from file 1..to whatever.
Not JUMPING ! in a rundown way between the Tunes ! Sometimes files played several times and others...never..!!?

Please bring back that simple "Play Files in a Folder"...in the right order from 1-10 (or so).
Don't understand....

meant "random" way....

The discussion has been closed.