Library organisation & display?

Hi. I like VOX and it's sound features, but the layout is very awkward. As much as I dislike iTunes, it has a coherent library view and a presentable organisation of albums / songs / artists, etc. Am I missing something?

Hello!
I am having the similar issue with organization my library (2TB+).
Isn't possible to have folders in folders in collections tab?
For example;
Genre > Subgenre > Artist > Album
Electronic > Techno > Abdulle Reshim > Gizew
Is it possible to have such organized library in VOX?

(thank you for the greatest player ever.)

same

Hello,
Thank you for your thoughts.
It's already in our suggestions box and we'll definitely consider that when major design improvements time will come. I'm leaving this thread open for further suggestions and ideas how to improve VOX interface.

Thank you!
~k

This seems to come up over and over in these discussions and the product team seems to just keep saying it's something they'll consider. Too bad. I won't pay $100/year to store my itunes library when I can barely look at a single album's worth of songs at a time in their miniscule player.

current design is quite good !
simple and stylish, i love such minimal interfaces. all i wanted to have is just an option which allows me to create a folder in a collection. i am sure that everyone are ok with current look.

give us folders!! :))

I agree that Loop use has a steep for an application that is not better than iTunes from a library management side

SOLVED

Is it possible now to add albums to a collection and for them to appear as albums in that collection, rather than just as a long playlist? Am i missing something?

Why have you replied “SOLVED” on this one, as far as I can see it’s still not possible to change view in collections, right? I would be satisfied with at least the same choices of views as when in the library view, so at least you could see albums only, instead of seeing all the songs.

Hi everyone!

Currently, Collections do not support some additional view options, but a tracks listing. It should work well if you would like to start a quick playback with already chosen track order.

Collection may contain tracks from different music sources, such as Spotify, SC, VOX Cloud, local tracks, URLs, YT… It is hard to sort them, as they might have not all tech. info about the track to make VOX start sorting those tracks.

Your request is collected and will be discussed with VOX team. Hopefully, we may consider to make it work somehow one day.

Alright. If these sort of view options will not be available, then another way of being able to organize music other than via “Collections” would indeed be greatly appreciated. I just thought the already implemented Collections would be an ok way of going about it. For me at least, all the tracks that couldn’t automatically be sorted into albums would be fine ending up in a “trash” album. And the same with artists. (“Various” might contain all of these then). Or they could just be invisible in that view.

Did they ever update this? I just downloaded Vox and love the sound quality and the possibilities of the cloud player, but not having the ability to browse my library of over 6,000 songs in anything other than a giant list is a huge dealbreaker for me.

I’d like to revive this thread. I have a library of just over 50000 tracks, so having them all in the playlist and searching for them is out of the question. creating collections is equally out of the question.

the standard way to work with vox isn’t scalable. it’s made for a literal handful of tracks, impossible to use with larger libraries.

there’s a menu tree about an alleged library view:

View> Library View > {Artist, Album}

but i’m yet to find a way to activate it. if you know about a way to make it work, please reply

GLT, london