iOS app constantly crashes when using Bluetooth

Thanks for your post!

We would need to know more about your setup, we suppose it is iPhone + BT speaker?
What BT speaker do us use?

Please try to use Keep Screen Awake in VOX > Settings and start playback using the Bluetooth output to check if it will work OK in this conditions?

Hi thank you for getting back to me! So the issue occurs without pretty much 100% consistency when I connect bluetooth in my car, and when using bluetooth DAC’s such as my Fiio BTR5. This is on the latest version of iOS on an iPhone 11. If I do not use Bluetooth the app always runs perfectly. I will trey the Keep Screen Awake setting you mentioned and report back if I have any different results.

Update: no difference, app stalls after a moment of use and then crashes. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8arav5toy2qkn32/RPReplay_Final1593590443.MP4?dl=0

Replying again in the hope of a solution or update. I’ve tried searching and can’t find other Vox users having the same issue. The app barely functions when connected to a bluetooth devices, sometimes it hangs momentarily and I can’t use it for a while, sometimes it works for a few minutes but sooner or later it crashes. This only occurs when suing Bluetooth and it doesn’t matter what device I use.

Thanks for following up!

May I ask you to describe the setup you are currently using, so we could simulate the setup in our test conditions and try to reproduce the crash?

As I said in my last message this occurs constantly with Bluetooth devices such as my car or Fiio BTR5. The app is even worse since I first posted, after opening it will run smoothly for about 30-60 seconds before crashing, even when I’m not playing music or even connected to a Bluetooth device. I’ve done some tests and even trying to play music while having Bluetooth switched on causes the app to crash. This is making the app borderline unusable at the moment.

Streaming flacs either locally or from the cloud doesn’t make any difference. Even if I’m not playing any music the app crashes. Simply having Bluetooth switched on breaks the app completely. I’ve just tried uninstalling a second time and will report back if there’s any difference.

Last night I uninstalled/reinstalled and it worked flawlessly all night. The next day I try again and it’s crashing again. No explanation. I’m at a loss for what is causing it.

Can confirm this issue is not Bluetooth exlusive. Just did some tests with Bluetooth switched off completely and the app still crashes. App is completely unusable.

I am also having this problem as of today, on ios 13.6. I had the problem before I updated the OS. I am using bluetooth but it happens wired aswell. Did you ever find a solution or will I have to drop Vox?

I’m also experiencing crashes like this. Wasn’t a problem until recently (past few weeks?) but it renders the app completely unusable for me. iOS 13.6. Hoping for a solution sometime soon.

Thanks god it’s not just me, it’s doing my head in. Uninstalled and reinstalled countless times.

Ok so it’s taken me ages but I’ve figured it out. This crash is caused by adding iTunes access to vox in iOS. That’s it. I have nearly 100gb of old music on my phone that I like to be able to play locally, CD rips. Old MP3’s etc.

When I just use vox cloud library I have no issues, but once I give Vox access to my “iTunes library” on iOS THIS is what causes the crashes. Even if I disable the iTunes library feature it still shits the bed after half a minute of playback.

Seems annoying that I had to figure this out. Not a crucial feature but still a shame I can’t use Vox and my main music player and I’m switching between this and Apple Music. Hopefully a fix for this arises. If I don’t get a reply I will make a new thread.

App keeps crashing after 1 min

Thanks for your post and for the information shared.

Our dev.team is working on it, hopefully, they will be able to get it fixed ASAP.

No worries guys, thanks so much for your hard work, I love the app. Look forward to an update.

Just echoing that this is the exact problem I just had. Since Apple basically forces you to sync your Music app with the cloud in order to use Apple Music fully, not syncing is not an option really. I also have years worth of music on my main computer and in my apple library that I’d prefer to be able to use through VOX but I just had to reinstall the app and not activate access to my Music library, because it kept crashing once I turned on library sync in Apple Music.

I nearly switched to Tidal if I’m being honest. But Vox IS a good app and Tidal doesn’t offer music locker features. if I can convince Apple to create a hi-fi tier for Apple Music I will be set for life.

Thanks for your posts!

Our dev.team highly prioritize this bug and working on getting it fixed in the upcoming versions of the VOX app.

Actually, we’ve already fixed some of the crashes related to this issue, unfortunately, we didn`t manage to fix everything in 2.5.3, but you may expect more fixes in the new version!

If you would like to help our dev. team and provide us with useful information, don`t hesitate to reach our tech. support desk https://vox.rocks/support directly.

Finally, since this misbehavior is only reproduced while the iTunes source is ON, we would suggest using the VOX Cloud music source!

You can download your music locally for offline playback to avoid extensive LTE data usage.

When you say Vox Cloud service are you referring to Vox Unlimited Music? Because that app doesn’t work at all on iOS, or I don’t know how to use it. I can’t login to my Premium account on there. I currently use Vox to cloud store and download all my lossless material.

This is still an issue in June 2021 - having experienced this problem since I purchased the app a couple of years ago and consequently ended up using the app infrequently I tried again this morning only for the same problem to recur - music switching off after a minute or so - having paid to renew the app I thought I’d better at least read the thread - I displayed the iTunes button and then…the music switched off after a minute - can anyone help - I’m using an iPad