Just joined VOX and already frustrated but I’m forced to admit it is more due to my own lack of thinking clearly about my requirements. Like QJames said above, all the music management options miss some mark: Apple/Spotify/etc. are all more incentivized to keep you subscribed, advertising new media and trying to lock-in content (e.g. Joe Rogan).
I want to be able to:
- Access all the music I have
- Access most music data formats
- Sync across phone and desktop
- View all my songs in a simple spreadsheet format
- Categorize and sort by multiple tags
- View songs on small screens without the annoying “album art” taking up valuable space
- Maintain playlists across devices
- Explore new music and purchasing options when I want to but NOT on the home page, every time I open the app, etc. etc.
- I never want to get locked out of my catalog (Thanks, Apple)
Are these unreasonable? If not, why does it seem so difficult to find?
I hoping Vox will give me 1, 2, 3 and 9. I despair for the rest.