Editing Metadata

Hi! I can't find a way of editing the metadata of tracks / whole albums using Vox. This wasn't a problem until I decided to give Loop a try, as the files, once uploaded, seem to be immutable. Do I need iTunes to edit the metadata?

Editing Metadata?

Hi there,

You can't edit the metadata in VOX but let us suggest you to use the free Kid3 application for these purposes.

Thanks! Feel free to write us back if you happen to have any questions.

hi there i was just going to ask the same question. i've just started using vox and this makes no sense why we have to use another program to get rid of annoying "unknown artists" and "unknown albums".

also once something is uploaded to loop, how can kid3 edit it? re-download, edit, re-upload, then delete again locally? doesn't that seem absurd?

i think to have the ability to at least edit basic things like name, album, year, etc, would be a welcome new feature. especially for files stored in loop.

Once something uploaded to Loop, it is stored on cloud so it cannot be changed right away.

We will try to implement a way of editing metadata in the future. Thank you!

if the purpose of vox is to provide a solid alternative to itunes, then i think you should really seriously consider it.

this is a brilliant program, but without basic features that itunes has had for years, it is not yet possible to stop using itunes, which i so desperately wish to do.

just to re-iterate my point: if i upload a song to loop without metadata by mistake, i have to download to my computer, delete from loop, open kid3, edit info, save, re-upload to loop, and then delete again from my local computer.

i just want to right click and be done with it.

Not to be overly redundant, but I just want to further cement that this is a must have feature to make this a must-use application for my main music media player. I really hope to see this feature in the loop and in Vox soon in an update.

Damn. Was hoping to find an answer to this. Definitely needs to be addressed ASAP. T

@mark, yeah i have seen VOX updated a few times since this thread, but still no ability to edit songs. this makes no sense. why on earth would someone /want/ to use a 3rd party app to do this?

i have also read threads asking for the ability to resize the display to fit long titles into the window on the desktop app. however, as of 2.6.6, you can still only resize UP an DOWN, and not left and right. why not implement something that is so easy, and that obviously many people want? i get that the developers are trying to stick to a "vision" but there's no reason why the desktop and mobile apps should both be the same SIZE haha.

I fully agree. Editing integrated in the app is a must

Hey guys,

thanks for writing in!
We are work hard on it.