Create a library without iTunes

Hi, like many other users before i really like to see a standalone library. The Loop service might be a nice feature but it is not what im looking for.

Exactly the thread I was looking for. My iTunes is just so messy and now I've started collecting FLAC, iTunes just doesn't do it for me. I also have the iOS app which is brilliant and actually does sort the music out by artist and in alphabetical order. The only work around I've found is to add collections and just rename it as the artist and album; but then there's no choice to arrange in alphabetical order.

Vox is such a great player, and like many have said; to have a choice to have a library view that is on par with iTunes, but in FLAC; I would pay for that and I think everyone who loves their quality would also.

Shame about VOX and the weaknesses pointed out in the feed. Mat puts it just as I feel - I don't want another cloud subscription service. Charge me something small for a great native app that lets me browse my albums and I'm in.

Great interface, but not the app for me, it seems.

Thanks for all of your feedback guys, we'll take that into account!

All of us "classical music types" would gladly pay you handsomely for an app to replace the inferior iTunes. This would be contingent upon you having a way to create a sensible library by composer so that we can easily find our music. I have to agree with the poster who says that it makes no sense to pay a subscription for what is essentially the use of our own local files. I'm impressed with every other aspect of Vox and will be hoping to replace iTunes with it, but that won't happen until I can set up a library seperately.

Just wanted to add that I too would be happy to pay for VOX if it had better library management (without requiring iTunes).

I just downloaded VOX as I wanted a nicer interface than VLC to play my FLAC files, and VOX certainly has that. It just doesn't have proper library management.

The Loop service isn't for me for the reasons other users have given in the thread. Hopefully you can make Loop work while also collecting revenue from non-Loop users willing to support you for this use case?

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus that a proper library view for non-iTunes supported filetypes would be killer and I'd rather not pay a subscription to upload files that I'm only going to play locally. VOX really is far and away the most enjoyable music player on mac right now but being unable to browse my music easily from within the program is a major hiccup and seems like such basic functionality for a player.

Hi.
I was looking for a soft as good as the old Cog on Mac or Foobar2000 on Windows to play FLAC files in highest resolution, and manage my 1To Library.
I have compared Vox with several others, included Audirvana, listening carefuly many times some files used as samples. My conclusion:
1. Vox is huge at reading FLAC files. A supreme joy to hear all nuances in the headphones. Vox ensures the best accuracy in the rendering. Details are amazing; it reminds me the day I added a Tubalog to my HiFi, and the sensation of musical space. THANKS !
2. What a pity then not to be able to manage also the music library. As many guys above, I have no need at all to put my 1To library on a cloud. It would be a nonsense. Therefore I won't subscribe for Loop. But I would pay for a premium version of so great a soft since it would also include a good management of a local music library. Loop could then synchronise it for those using several devices (families and so on…). For them subscription would make sense.
3. Another wish. Could the VOX windows be fully scalable, for the details of the files to be read in full? Why preventing horizontal rescaling?
All my encouragements to continue that very good work.

I have thousands of classical music ;flac files. As it stands, VOX is no use because it has no separate library. The Loop is not a solution for me as I would prefer to listen to music in my free time, not uploading to 'The Cloud' i.e. the Loop. That doesn't make sense to me.

It seems that many people feel the same way. We want a library separate from the dreaded iTunes.

Important points already made on the iTunes library. Unless VOX is completely independent and does an automatic indexing of new tracks I don't see the value -- and agree that it doesn't make sense to pay you to host files that I hold locally - also the high res 192 files didn't sync properly in Loop so I cancelled the subscription.

Has this issue ever been resolved? I’d like the Flac files I have stored on my iPad to show in the library. I don’t need or want cloud storage, as I have the files locally. There must be a way!

You promised a separate library in 2015.
I have just downloaded the app, and it is a mess:
In IOS I have succeeded to add folders I bought into Vox library,
they appear in Apple Music as well, but not in FLAC, because Apple Music can not play Flac.
So somehow the downloaded FLAC files are converted into AIFF, which needs a lot more space on the harddisk.
In MacOs it has not been possible to add downloaded FLAC files to the library, just into playlist,
which is unusable.
So before going Premium, I would like to ask:
Is it possible to have separate libraries in the VOX cloud?
Is it possible to download FLAC music files into VOX without converting?