Add Spotify integration to Mac VOX player app

If it works on the iOS app, why can't it be done for the Mac app?

Hey Benjamin,
Thanks for reaching out.
Unfortunately, Mac and iOS are different platforms and we can't just copy and paste it from iOS to Mac... Believe me, we tried! :)
It will be implemented in Mac app too, but a little later.
Stay tuned!

Can't you just use the Web API? I doubt Spotify is going to release a mac SDK. 

Benjamin Rood

Sent from
https://polymail.io/?utm_source=polymail&utm_medium=referral&am...

On Fri, 03 Feb 2017 at 7:15 PM VOX Developers

<
mailto:VOX Developers tender2+d41794b1e7@tenderapp.com

wrote:

a, pre, code, a:link, body { word-wrap: break-word !important; }

pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }

Benjamin,
As I wrote above "It will be implemented in Mac app too, but a little later."
Nothing is impossible ;)

Hi guys,

Is there an ETA on spotify integration on Vox Mac?

I’m really looking forward to being able to use Vox EQ with Spotify on my mac.

Thanks

Richard

So I am not at all understating how difficult this probably is.

But any updates on timing for Spotify integration on the Mac?

Cheers and best –

Hey guys,

Thanks a lot for your comments, they really help us to indicate what is needed to be done.

I have no news to share at the moment, but requests are collected and we are considering start developing as soon as it will be possible.

Cheers!

If you have downloaded Spotify tracks on native, you will find that these files are in OGG format, which means Spotify songs are encrypted by DRM technology, we can’t directly play them on Mac apps. If you would like to sync Spotify songs to Mac media players, AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac is the best tool for you, it can help you convert all your Spotify streams to MP3 then you can play them without limitations.

Hello,

I was just about to request this very feature when I found this old thread, so I’m resurrecting it :slight_smile:

The Spotify client sucks. It’s a resource hog and desktop space hoarder. I would love to be able to drop it and just use VOX to play ALL of my music.

If you wants to add Spotify integration to MAC ,i suggest you to download third-party platform is named Spotify Music Converter is much powerful Spotify music downloader Mac for all users to download and convert songs to MP3, etc multiple compatible formats to play offline on anywhere.

I hope this feature could come soon.,I had to remove drm protection from Spotify by using Spotify Music Converter for Mac.need to extract music from Spotify to the audio format compatible with VOX.

yes we all are still waiting :flushed:

Amen! I bought VOX thinking there was a seamless integration of Spotify music after seeing a screenshot… naive to assume it was for MAC as well.

3 years and waiting… :no_mouth: