6 channel WMA Files

Hi!

First of all, thanks for this amazing audio player, finally a decent app to (almost) get rid of iTunes ;)

So, is there a way to play digitally encoded sound files like wma's or waves with multi-channels?

Thanks.

G

Gallo,

Thanks for support!

VOX should play normally 4, 5.1, 7.1 multichannel files. This is tested on WAV, FLAC, AAC, but not tested on WMA.

When playing multichannel files, use appropriate sound interface with required output number, and make sure Speaker assignments in Audio MIDI Setup are correct for this interface.

It's not intended to play studio multi-channel files, (more than 8 channels, like 16 of 24 channel files) so far, but at least it will try to play first 8 channels of any file.

Hi Soundguy,

thanks for your reply. My setup should be ok, iTunes plays the multi-channel waves fine, but VOX doesn't. Any ideas?

The 5.1 WMA's only work with an app called XMBC media server, VOX plays them only in stereo.

Thanks again,

G

Hello again,

I fiddled around a bit and converted the wma's to wav's, which VOX recognises as multichannel but only plays them in stereo. So there must be something wrong or at least not set quite right for the surround output in my settings - but strangely iTunes and XMBC can handle it and play the files fine and send the right signal to my amp...

So don't worry, I can live with that.

Cheers,

G

This is strange because we had issue with multichannel files and sorted it out in v 2.3, see this thread for the story:
http://support.coppertino.com/discussions/problems/733-40-tracks-on...

Anyway, I will check everything tomorrow on a multichannel interface.

Thanks for Your descent feedback.

Hello Gallo,

Double-checked with multichannel WAVs and FLACs, no problem with up to 8 channels so far. Please specify the model of Your soundcard? Which is the number of output channels Your sound card shows in Audio MIDI Setup? Which setting is currently active in this device's "Configure Speakers" ?

The discussion has been closed.