Vox very slow at loading/playback of tracks in the cloud

Vox 3.3.2 desktop version is very slow at loading/playback of tracks in the cloud. Each time I load a new album from the cloud and hit the PLAY button, I expect to wait 3-5 seconds before playback can start. I am talking about MP3s, not FLAC tracks. This also happens oftern when I switch to Vox from another application – a rainbow wheel of wait appears and I have to wait a few seconds before I am able to do anything at all… My internet speed is 100mbps guaranteed and I never had these issues before recent update to version 3.3.2.

Hi,

Thanks for contacting us!

Please advice ~approx size of your librarry?

Did you try to delete VOX app using some 3rd party soft, like CleanMyMac and make a clean install. You may download most current version of VOX from our website - https://vox.rocks/mac-music-player or in AppStore!

Please tell me if the problem is still there?

Thanks!

Do you mean the library on Vox cloud? The size of my library on Vox cloud is 166.17 GB in 15907 tracks.

I do not have CleanMyMac. I have the latest version of Vox installed and it’s super slow as described. I just downloaded the version from your web site and reinstalled it, but there’s no effect.

Andrejs

OK, I have uninstalled Vox and all linked references completely using AppCleaner, but now I cannot even Sign In to my Premium account. The SIGN IN buttons would simply not react. Please help, this is really frustrating. It offers me to create an account, but I simply want to sign in.

Hello? I am a premium subscriber with a non working application that I have re-installed according to your instructions. How can I sign in from within the Vox app? The buttons just don’t work.

Hi,

We would need to know what is your current VOX version (build?) and your OS version.

but there’s no effect.

If it doesn’t help, close VOX and Open terminal

Paste commands:

1)launchctl remove com.coppertino.VOXCloud
Press enter.

2)/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user
Press enter.

Start VOX and try to sign in.

Please tell me how it goes?

Sorry about the late reply. The problem mysteriously went away. I am using Vox 3.3.6 (Build 3360.1)