Composer name metadata for classical music

I would like to know if VOX will ever support display of composer names for classical music provided the Composer metadata is in the files uploaded.

Thank you

Thanks for your post!

Currently, VOX uses Artist and Album metadata for sorting purposes.

If we consider displaying the Composer metadata, there would be no actual place in VOX to display Composer tag, since we already have an Artist tag in use…

VOX Team will appreciate any ideas on that matter. Don`t hesitate to share them here or to support team - https://vox.rocks/support

We could also prioritize the Composer tag, and display it instead of the Artist tag, would it be a solution for you?

This functionality you are asking for - is certainly worth implementing, however, and we will probably introduce both of them in the fullscreen version of the VOX app.

This issue is important to me, too. There is no easy solution, obviously. I don’t even actually display composer data in iTunes, even though (I think) I could. I guess my usual workaround is to use the Album title, which usually names the major composers.

On further thought, searching for composer name might be pretty satisfactory (assuming the composer metadata are indexed, just not shown). I just tried that in the latest iTunes, and the result is better than I expected. I may start using that more.