Applescript Help

Anyone here good with Applescript and can help me create a script that will create a playlist and play files in Vox?

I have a FileMaker Pro Database that I use as a Jukebox of songs. It uses iTunes to play mp3 files. I'd prefer to play flac files and if I can get Vox to work I'll say goodbye to iTunes.

This is one of the Applescripts that I use to create a playlist of songs and play in iTunes:

<script>

tell application "FileMaker Pro"
set thisSong to cell "ServerRaysongnameCalc" of every record of document "Seven Track db" as list
end tell

tell application "iTunes"
activate
stop
end tell

if exists playlist "Now Playing" then
delete playlist "Now Playing"
end if
end tell

with timeout of 4000 seconds
set new_playlist to make new playlist
set the name of new_playlist to "Now Playing"
-- set shuffle of new_playlist to false (note: this is broken in iTunes 11)
set theTracks to thisSong
add theTracks to new_playlist
set the view of the front browser window to playlist "Now Playing"
play new_playlist
end timeout
end tell

</script>

I am not really that good with Applescript therefore I have had limited success with Vox and Applescript. It's possible that the Vox Applescript library may not be extensive enough to do what I am trying to do. If you can help that would be great.

Hi!

Thanks for writing in!

We do support AppleScript, but only basic commands like "Play" and "Pause"

Hopefully we will extend the support for it in future.

Thank you very much for the reply.

It would be awesome to have Applescript commands that allow for making a playlist.

I'll keep an eye on for this. To play Flac files with the Vox music player is much more desirable than even high bitrate mp3 files in iTunes.

I especially love the preference to 'Convert Stereo to multiple channels'. It makes listening to music with our surround sound system a superior experience!

Joe

Yeah, that's really amazing :)

Feel free to write us back if you happen to have any other questions.

Have a wonderful day!

Just checking back to see if this has ever changed? Has Vox increased it's Applescriptable abilities?

Hi Joe,
Unfortunately, nothing changed since then. Too many tasks and only *two hands

*(multiplied by programmers count :)

Stay tuned!